The vision of the bipartisan Indiana Coalition for Public Education is to advocate for high quality, equitable, well-funded public schools for all children that are subject to democratic oversight by their communities.
Our mission is to be a strong, convening voice for public education advocacy in Indiana.
- Our children deserve a single, well-funded system of public schools.
- Our community benefits from excellent public schools.
- Schools thrive by developing mutual respect and cooperation among parents, students and school personnel.
- All children should have access to a full, vibrant curriculum.
- Teaching, learning, and growth cannot be quantified by standardized tests alone.
- Assessments should be designed and used to support children, teachers, and schools.
- Teachers and administrators are professionals and deserve our support.
- Local control of education is essential so that schools are accountable to the communities they serve.
- Public tax dollars should be focused on the K-12 education of public school students.
- Privatization of public schools divides our nation by creating and increasing racial, income and sectarian schisms.
- Public schools are essential for education citizens to maintain our democracy and must not be privatized.
ICPE Board Members
Dr. Ed Eiler
Dr. Tony Lux
Dr. Pat Payne
Dr. Suellen Reed
MaryAnn Schlegel Ruegger
Dr. Victor Smith