The vision of the bipartisan Indiana Coalition for Public Education is to advocate for high quality, equitable, well-funded public schools for all children that are subject to democratic oversight by their communities.
Our mission is to be a strong, convening voice for public education advocacy in Indiana.
- Our children deserve a single, well-funded system of public schools.
- Public schools are essential for educating our citizens and maintaining our democracy. They must not be privatized.
- True public schools serve all students within a given geographic area, are governed by a democratically elected local board and follow teacher certification requirements and financial reporting requirements.
- Public schools are not business ventures; they are the heart of our communities with the responsibility to educate ALL children.
- Local democratic control of education assures that schools are accountable to the communities they serve.
- Public tax dollars should be focused on the K-12 education of public school students.
- Schools thrive by developing mutual respect and cooperation among parents, students and school personnel.
- Teaching, learning, and growth cannot be quantified by standardized tests alone.
- All children should have access to a full, vibrant curriculum.
- Assessments should be designed and used to support children, teachers, and schools.
- Teachers and administrators are professionals and deserve our support.
- Indiana communities benefit from excellent public schools.
Our bipartisan board reflects ICPE’s commitment to supporting public education in Indiana. Our board members serve or have served our Hoosier communities in a variety of ways. Our board is comprised of educators, principals, superintendents, state superintendents, legislators, equity advocates, parents, attorneys and business professionals.
Not a member? Donate and join today!
Donate and Join
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com