Public Schools Unite Us – ICPE Day of Action
In these divisive times we need you to come together for our public schools.
We’re taking a slightly different approach to our Statehouse event this year.
What hasn’t changed:
- It’s on Presidents Day, (Monday, Feb. 21), with the program beginning at 2 p.m. in the North Atrium.
- We want you to be here! (So many bad bills affecting public schools, so little time.)
- We have excellent and inspirational speakers lined up.
- During this exhausting session filled with bad bills, it’s energizing to be among public school advocates.
What has changed:
- Rather than having a rally, we’re having a Day of Action. Several of the public-school- supporting groups have taken this approach in the 2022 short session. That way our groups keep up the pressure on multiple days and weeks throughout the session.
- It’s the first day of Public Schools Week, and we’ll celebrate that.
- ICPE will kick off its Public Schools Unite us theme. (Look for yard signs, stickers, and other visible swag to follow.)
What we suggest you do:
- Invite friends!
- Bring your kids if they are out of school that day.
- If you can arrive early or stay after the program, contact your legislators between now and Monday and see if they can visit with you briefly.
- We’ll have cards you can use to drop off messages to your legislators.
- Look on the back of this flyer for the details of parking, security, etc.
- Bring your own signs if you want, but we’ll have some to give you.
Make your voices heard!!!
Here’s a link to the event info on Facebook.
Share our flyer below: