ICPE Annual Meeting 2020
ICPE held its annual meeting on 8/29/20.
- Our President, Cathy Fuentes-Rohwer talked about the pandemic and all that is at stake with the election and next legislative session.
- Dr. Woody Myers, candidate for governor, shared his support and enthusiasm for public schools (Governor Holcomb was also invited, but unable to attend).
- Dr. Jennifer McCormick, Indiana’s last elected State Superintendent of Public Instruction, spoke about her perspective and what is at stake for public schools going forward.
- Hoosiers for Public Education, a bipartisan political action committee associated with ICPE will be making endorsements for pro public education candidates.
- Vice President Marilyn Shank revealed the 2020 ICPE Legislative Report Card
- ICPE’s statement on racial injustice was presented by Board Member Dountonia Batts
- We learned about ICPE’s #VotePublicEd campaign from Board Member Shelley Clark
- ICPE Lobbyist Joel Hand told us what to expect from the state legislature next session.
Many thanks to all who attended and we hope you will join or renew your membership with ICPE so that we can continue our efforts to keep education public in Indiana.
News coverage of the event: